Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Third Week In Tarapoto

Hey guys! I’m so sorry I didn’t write last week!! Not gonna lie, it was one of the toughest weeks out here yet.  Return missionaries tell you that missions are hard but you have no idea what that even means! Every missionary needs to go through those weeks I guess, but if you are preparing to serve right now, just remember there’s gonna be some really really hard weeks so start doing everything you can right now to make life easier for you out in the field (: but everything’s cool and IM AN ADULT NOW. (: Whhhhhat, how am I even 20 idk.
Monday my group went to a place called Llamas and I was super disappointed cause I thought we were literally going to see some llamas but it’s actually this castle thing haha but its super random because some rich italian guy just came and randomly built the castle like 5 years ago so it’s actually not that cool (; .
This week was awesome because I went on three different splitz!!! My companion is the missionary hermana leader, so whenever other comps are having problems we go on splitz and they decided to do them all this week. On Tuesday I was companions with my home girl out here on the mish! Hna Snyder is the coolest. We are a tonnn alike and we had so much fun as companion’s haha. That’s why we don’t think we will ever get to be real comps); haha,  but we were running my area and my area is huge and I’ve only been here for 3 weeks so I barely know where my house is (; so we got lost.. a lot.. haha but we just did a lot of street contacting and it worked out! The last visit of the day was with my investigator Aurura. She’s super awesome. She is 78 and has an awesome testimony of god, at the end of our lesson we asked her to end our lesson with a prayer and she literally prayed for 15 MINUTES!! I’m not even joking, it was terrible cause me and Snyder were doing everything we possibly could not to lose it by the end of the prayer and it was such a great prayer but seriously we didn’t think it was ever going to end it was nuts!!! haha
The other days I taught with Hmn Poma from Bolivia in her area Shilcayo and Hnm Walker a gringo from Lehi in my area! Both are sweethearts. Idk why they don’t always put gringos together though cause seriously everrrryyyyone will let you into their house for a lesson its awesome (;
Saturday was my biiiiiirthday!! Mom, Im sooooo glad Luzmilla sent you a FB request, shes awesome. She’s super sassy but she’s my Peruvian mom out here on the mish and she just makes fun of me all the time cause she talks soooo fast and half the time I don’t understand her and she just makes fun of me but it’s a good time and I love her and her family (; but yeah the cupcake was pretty good!!   It had fondant on it instead of frosting, oh and she gave me the hug and kiss from you mom so don’t worry lol.  At 8 p.m. we came home and all the people on the ward council were there and it was super cute. That’s what all those pictures are from!! One of the ladies is named Alicia and she is the most darling elderly lady and we teach her all the time.  She’s a converso (convert) and she gave me body wash wrapped in a little bag and paper cause she said for my birthday the most important thing she wants for me is to have good salud (health) (; it was reallyyyy cute!  At the end of the night I stood up to get a picture with my comp and OUT OF NOWHERE a stinking cat literally bit my leg off. Not even joking haha,  so now I just really hate all cats that ever existed, (; but its fine and I’m pretty sure I’m going to live (; anyways, love you guys!!!!
Hermana Jackson



With her companion Hna Vega.

This is Kaitlyn's home - The sister's live upstairs.

View from the their mototaxi.

With Hna Snyder & a ward member who might be one of her Pensionista's

Inside their house.

P-day at the Llama's castle with all the Hna's.

No comments:

Post a Comment