Monday, July 11, 2016

President and Hma Li are Awesome!

Hey family! This week was pretty good! On Tuesday we were finallllly able to meet President Li and Hermana Li. They’re so awesome. They are converts to the church and they were converted by Hermana missionaries that came knocking on their door in search for another person, but the Lord guided them to their house, and in no time their family accepted the gospel. All of their kids are sealed in the temple and now their dad is our mission president!!! So crazy. But they are sooo loving and super excited to just work. President Li said he doesn’t like to stay in the office much and he’s gonna start proselyting with all the bishops in Iquitos. They’ve already made some pretty cool changes! Before we had to have 100 contacts for the week, and now our goal is 26... super crazy but way cool because to count as a contact we have to get their direccion (address) and the people have to have a desire for us to return to their house and teach them, it’s a lot more efficient because missionaries aren’t just contacting for numbers but contacting for visits. My comp and I were able to sit down with Hna Li after the conference and talk all about her time that she had in the MTC in Provo!! She showed me allllllll her pictures of Provo canyon and of Bridal Veil Falls haha, I miss home now(; no but it was cool!

This week we have been visiting the members more and it’s worked for us super well!! All the members that we have visited have given us references of their other family members that are less actives, so that’s how we have been finding new people.

Even though we are finding every week, the people just are not progressing very much in this area. The only ones that are really progressing are Liselet and Victor. They are the couple that live in the house of a member! I think I already told you a little about them but they attended church again this week! And the last time we visited them they just kept telling us of their desire to learn more about the gospel, and we really can see how the lord is preparing them because when we first started visiting them they really had no desire whatsoever!

This weekend, one morning I felt like we should go and contact a lady that was standing outside on her porch, but as we approached her she went back into her house... haha but there was another lady that had been smoking that was sitting outside of her house at the next casa over and we decided to contact her instead. Well she said she had attended church before and she was a suuuper sweet lady who says she just has a habit to smoke out of stress. She’s like 77 years old, but we are excited to teach her more about the gospel because she’s really receptive to it!

Oh I forgot to tell you that the other night we were walking with a member and I totally fell in a huge ditch....... hahahaha it was really funny cause the first thing I did when I got up is ask if anyone saw me (luckily only this guy in a wheelchair that was behind us saw the whole thing) but basically we were just walkin and talkin and I don’t know, I just didn’t see the huge ditch in front of us and I stepped right down into it instead of jumping over to the other side of the pavement haha I’m okay I just was lying flat on my stomach and scrapped my arm and knee but it didn’t hurt..  I think it was just a rain ditch but idk haha Everyone this week has asked me about the scrape that I have on my arm and then after I tell them they ask me if my glasses work.. I’m thinking I’ve gotten a little blinder here haha

Also I played the violin for the first time in 9 months haha. We were searching for one to play for like 2 weeks and turns out that the niece of my pensionista had one!! But it’s the size of my very first violin that I played when I was like 6.... hahahahaha, so it was kind of a struggle trying to play that little guy. But I played ‘Come Though Fount’ in sacrament meeting while the other missionaries gave their talks! I didn’t have any accompaniment, No one knows how to play instruments here haha and I had to use some bad sheet music that I found on the internet and improvise in a couple places. But it was a pretty cool Sunday.

This week I read the talk, Do you Love Me? by Elder Holland. He gave it in general conference in 2013 I think! It’s really good, go read it!

Today we have changes!! And my comp says that she thinks  I’m leaving for sure.. I don’t know though haha I’ll let you know next week what happened(:

Anyways love you guys!!! Thanks for the prayers they help a ton!!!

Love, Hermana Kaitlyn Jackson 



OH and I finally got your package from the office!!! The scrabble (Gma Jackson's recipe for chex mix snack) was my fav part!! And the camel , hump day :) !!! Super cute!!! Thanks for the shirts too I wore the cute blue one for the conference with the Li’s.




With her Pensionista and ? daughter ?

Loving the package she received!



With Hna Mucha on the left of Kaitlyn and ward members

Heading to a BBQ or possibly just taught this cute little guy how to hogtie a pig... hahahaha


With Hna Wood at the big conference to meet the new mission president and wife.
President and Hna Li from Lima, Peru


Motocart ride

No comments:

Post a Comment