Monday, December 7, 2015

It's been a great week!

Hahaha your email is so cute I love you mom!! BUT WHAT THE CRAP, PG High!! Dumb kid really messed up, that´s so scary!! Wooooww I can’t believe that. I’m glad that everything was okay though; I’d rather have it be a false call than something that really happened!  Oh my goodness I just wanna love baby Zoe so bad you have no idea!! Please send her to me!! That’s so awesome though, (her blessing day) it’s crazy how big she already is. The time is going fast, but like not really because I feel like I’ve been here for 8 years, lol.
(In reply to info about her grandmother’s) Will you tell both grandma’s I love them so much and tell them that I say hi and merry Christmas! Also tell grandma Neanie happy birthday for me!!

Questions for the week. First, Where did you stay while Hna Vega was in Iquitos?  Did you stay with the Nelson's or did another sister come and stay with you at your house? Tell about the experience. So I stayed with the Nelson’s like you saw on Sister Nelson’s FB. This was the best week ever !! haha I felt right at home, the Nelson’s are so sweet. Their house is in Shilcayo. (An area in Tarapoto) So we just traveled at night, me and Hna Nelson, so that we could visit people in my area but other than that we were in Shilcayo.  On Tuesday we taught our investigator Aurura. She is awesome, she has a loooot of faith in God but it’s sad cause she is just not progressing because her son is a pastor for a different church and she just doesn’t understand the concept of a restored gospel so I don’t think that we can teach her much more if she’s just not gonna accept change. But this is the same lady that prays for 20 minutes every time and I swear every time she’s like 8 minutes in and some cats just start fighting. It’s nuts. But Aurura also has cancer of the blood (Leukemia?) so I fasted for her yesterday. Her husband is suuuper funny though. I should get a pic of them but he’s a really old guy and he always shakes my hand and says "grinnnnngita" and then just starts laughing his head off hahaha seriously every time. On Wednesday Elder Nelson set apart a missionary here who is going to serve in England Birmingham so that was super cool to see!! I’m running out of time and I have a bunch of more stuff to tell you! ahhhh so I’ll just shorten everything. We had pancakes with syrup which is amazing because they only have syrup in Lima! And also I had a sandwich! And it was like American! So that was awesome (; oh something super cool is that I set up my historia familiar account this week and I was filling out the people in my tree and I got to gpa Dale’s and someone had written a whoooooole bunch about him and his life!! so I just got to read about grandpa for an hour so that was way cool mom! lol something funny is that this lady who’s a member gave me a sack full of shirts for my birthday I guess, but literally all of the shirts are crop tops hahahahahaha so gotta save those for after the mish (;(; , haha gotcha Mom!

How far away is your church building from your house and is there only one branch that all of the missionary's in Tarapoto go to? Is the baptismal font there?
The church isn’t super close. It’s like 5 minutes in a motokar and 20 minutes if we walk from our house. idk really but there’s 4 churches here in Tarapoto!! Each area has their own and there’s a font in each one. And yeah they are branches but they are working to make them wards right now. 

What were you taught in Zone Conference? Did any special leaders come to it?
Sister Nelson's blog mentions preparing a group for a trip on buses to the Trujillo Temple, is this for the missionaries also?  That’s what the Nelson’s are doing is just making it so a bunch of people can go on these trips to the temple, but it’s only for the members not the missionaries.

So transfers are next week on the 14th I believe.  So I think I’ll just be with the Nelson’s for this week and also the other missionaries in Shilcayo because my comp finishes her mish and leaves this Wednesday.  K my times almost up.
Love you all.

Love Hermana Jackson



This is Hna Walker with Hna Jackson.  She is from Lehi.
Kind of funny to go to another country to meet someone who lived down
the road from you here at home.
While Hna Jackson was with the Nelson's they went to the Reyes home. 
Elder Nelson was working on installing a shelf unit for them.  
How grateful we should be for our own homes and modern conveniences.


No comments:

Post a Comment