Monday, May 30, 2016

It's Changes Time In Iquitos

Well this past week I’ve definitely learned a lot more about responsibility and taking better care of my things and I promise that I’ll do my best to not let the new camera when it gets here (or anything else) get stolen!!! I am pretty sad about my pictures though): they were all from Tarapoto too.. I’m thankful you have the first group from the CCM to January.
So you guys have the “Ride the Gap” biking thing coming up this coming week though, right?  You and Dad are gonna do great! So proud of you guys working on your health. 
Oh my goodness that is so heartbreaking to hear about Stetson’s younger brother!! I remember that Jay had a big crush on him in elementary! And I remember Stetson, he is a really nice kid.. ah that’s just awful to hear! But we know that he is in a better place waiting for his savior and his family will see him again!
That’s so awesome for Kenzie!! She is going to be a great missionary! I have heard there are so many girls that are going on missions now!!! It’s so crazy and awesome!!!
I really don’t remember a lot of details about this week.. I’m trying to think what is new to tell you.. None of our newer investigators came to church, except for Marcela! She keeps asking us about being baptized so I think we might start trying to teach her again. I just don’t really understand her because she doesn’t have a testimony that this is the only true church, but she just really wants to get baptized! So if I’m here for this next change then we are going to work with her again and see what happens I guess. Oh, this week I’m changing houses! Some of the BRIGHT GREEN paint in our house is coming off the wall and Hermana Gomez said it would be easier to change houses than to repaint hahahaha,(; so yeah ! We are moving just a couple blocks away to the house of a single mother. Her house is really big and she wants to rent out the rooms to all girls. Also she has a bunch of exercise equipment that she’s gonna fix up for us to use so really I’m pretty excited for that to(; One of the rooms has a biggggg window that looks out over the street, so I’ll have to take a picture of that (when I have a camera again) and show ya!
On Monday we had family home evening with a less active. Her name is Celma and she is suuuper cute! But she actually just left yesterday to work in Lima for 2 months because there is literally no work here in Iquitos. There’s 5 little stores on every street called bodegas that sell the same stuff because the people just don’t have any other options to make money! So she left to find work and also live/be with her hubby because he left to find work about a month and a half ago. She was finishing school so that is why she couldn’t go with him when he left.. ANYWAYS…. We invited another member to the FHE and then we invited Shantal our investigator! She really enjoyed the family home evening! We read a talk from one of this year’s Liahona’s, about receiving a testimony and what a testimony really is. It says that we receive a testimony through small acts and impressions that we feel throughout each day. And our testimony grows when we try to recognize these instances. I really love looking back on how much I have grown personally throughout my mission and the testimony that I now have compared to when I started out. One of my favorite things to do at the end of the day is to think back and see how the Lords hand was guiding us/me through every step. If we pay attention and really look, we will be able to see the miracles and help of the Lord in our lives, especially in times of trial.
Today is changes!!!! Hna Lara and I are actually pretty sad. We have become super good friends, I really feel like she is my sister! My beautiful dark skinned adopted sister(; haha but I’m excited to see what my next adventure is on the mish and who I will be spending it with for the next couple months!!
As always thanks for everything! Love you guys,
Hna Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment